Frequently asked questions
How we work
What makes My Nannies different from other nanny agencies?
My Nannies combines the best of two worlds: the modern features of a job platform with the personal touch of a traditional nanny agency.
Rather than a usual job platform, we write a detailed job description on your behalf and advertise your position internally & externally. In addition, you will only be introduced to pre-screened & hand-picked applicants who match your needs.
We believe that every family deserves a great service and therefore only charge £349 for a successful placement.
How we find your next nanny?
- Take a look at our available nanny candidates
- Complete your registration for £35
- We get in touch to find out more about your needs
- We write and advertise (internally & on various job boards) your open position
- Receive hand-selected nanny suggestions from us
- Book face to face interviews or interview candidates via video call on our platform
- Make a job offer through us to your preferred candidate
- Get support with the set up before your nanny starts working for you
How can I sign up?
The easiest way is to register online. Simply complete our quick survey, pay our one-off registration fee of £35 and you are all set to start your nanny search immediately.
What kind of nannies do you usually place?
We place various kinds of nannies and au pairs who have different skills, work full or part time hours, or bring a certain level of experience. Depending on your family we can help you to find a candidate who fits your needs and schedule. If you are unsure what kind of nanny is right for you, please get in touch with us for a free consultation or read more about our candidates below.
Whatever option you choose – we are committed to finding the best fit for your family.
What information do you need in order to start my nanny search?
Once you complete your registration with us we will get in touch with you to find more about your family’s needs. In order for us to start your nanny search we will ask you the following questions:
- Working hours: What are the working hours you are offering (e.g. Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM + nights babysitting)?
- Salary: What hourly salary are you looking to offer (the average rates in London are £12 – £15 gross per hour for a full time position, £11 – £17 gross per hour for a part time position and £400 -£650 gross per week for a live in position)?
- Children: How many children do you have and what is the age?
- For live in positions: What kind of accommodation do you offer (e.g. private bedroom and shared bathroom)?
- Duties: What duties would you like your nanny to cover? Are there any housekeeping duties involved not related to your child/children?
- Sole charge/shared care: Will your nanny look after your child/children by herself/himself or will you be around as well?
- Anything else that we should know? Do you have any pets? Is travelling required?
How much do you charge for your services?
Our fee structure is simple and fully transparent.
- We charge a £35 registration fee to start your search
- You only pay a placement fee of £349 if we were successful finding a nanny for you
Click here to find out more about our fee structure.
Our matching process
How do you screen the nannies who are featured on your platform?
Your children’s safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. As a result, all of our nanny candidates have to go through a thorough vetting and screening process before we feature them on our platform. This includes:
- Registration form check
- Document checks
- Reference checks
Can I also write my own job advertisement?
Yes, absolutely – if you prefer you can write your own job advertisement. However, since it is our priority to find a nanny who fits your needs we might get in touch with you to ask some additional questions before we publish your job ad.
At the same time, you can also make amendments to the job description we wrote for you at any time.
How do I get in touch with nanny candidates?
Once you completed your registration you can request interviews with any candidate on our platform. You have the option to choose either a video call (through our integrated video chat system), a face to face interview or trial. We permit free candidate trials for up to three days.
Please note that any interview bookings or offers always have to go through us. We are here to support you throughout the whole process, therefore, we do not allow that any contact details are exchanged before a job offer has been made and accepted.
How long does it take to find a nanny?
In some cases, we are able to find a great nanny within two weeks. However, depending on the circumstances, it can also sometimes take us significantly longer. With this in mind, we recommend starting your nanny search around two months, or earlier in advance. That way it takes a lot of stress away from you. We do not want you to settle for a nanny who is not the perfect fit for your family, just because you are under time pressure.
General nanny questions
What are the benefits of hiring a nanny?
There are numerous reasons why hiring a nanny is a great idea. As an example, you have more flexibility than with any other childcare solution and have someone in your house who purely focusses on your child’s/children’s development.
If you are still not convinced make sure to read our blog post where we summarise six reasons why hiring a nanny might be the perfect choice for your family.
What is an average nanny salary in London?
This varies depending on the experience, qualification and skills of your nanny. The average salary for a live out nanny is between £12 – £15 gross per hour for a full time position and £11 – £17 gross per hour for a part time position. The market rate for a live in nanny is between £418 -£640 gross per week.
Au pairs receive a pocket money of £80 – £150 per week.
What are my legal obligations as an employer?
Especially if it is your first time hiring a nanny you might be unsure what your legal obligations are. Therefore, we have written a blog post about this topic for you.
Keep in mind, that we are here to support you along the way to make this process much simpler for you.
Are you ready to start your nanny search?
Register now and get immediate access to our nanny platform.